As an alumni judge for the Startup Challenge, you enhance the entrepreneurial experience for today’s students and strengthen our entrepreneurial community. Judges provide quantitative scores and qualitative feedback to students at all levels (from freshmen to PhDs), from all Penn schools, and with any amount of entrepreneurial experience, as they work on their ventures.
All alumni are invited to attend the virtual Startup Challenge Finals event on Friday, April 29, 2022, to watch the best student-founded startups from across the University pitch in the Startup Challenge Finals.
Are you a Penn alumnus or alumna interested in judging? Email Venture Lab.
• Originality, innovation and thoughtfulness
• Impact on big problem
• User experience
• Identification and addressing of major relevant risks, and inclusion of contingency plans
• Pricing model
• Core revenue model and ancillary revenue streams
• Semifinalists and Finalists will be required to provide 3-5 year financial projections
• Sales strategy
• Plan to scale
• Traction-to-date (relationships with key market participants, sales, downloads, website traffic, etc.)
• Future measurable, achievable milestones
• Commitment and motivation of founding team
• Strategy to attract additional key people