What We Offer
When your startup is ready to launch, VIP-X provides the additional resources and mentoring that you need to take your venture to the next level.
Dedicated seed funding
Fall 2022 VIP-X Cohort
DEADLINE: Sunday, October 2, 11:59 PM ET
- bia (David Levine GR'23; Gokulanand Iyer GR'24): bia builds smart wearables to improve wellness and performance in the office workplace by teaching healthy ergonomics and alleviating the effects of repetitive-use wrist pain.
- ensemble (Michael Contreras, WG'22): Space weather causes at least $10 billion in damage to global infrastructure both on Earth and in orbit. Flux software empowers analysts with actionable intelligence for the complex threats caused by the space environment.
- FirstWork (Patrick Faga, LPS'22): FirstWork uses proprietary adaptive digital reinforcement learning technology to enable instructor free therapeutic learning on smart devices.
- High Performance Aviation (Brandon Ray, WG'22): Aircraft brokerage firm dedicated to helping aircraft owners buy and sell private aircraft. In addition we are an aircraft dealer reselling actively buying and selling inventory aircraft in coordination with our secondary venture "Quick Turn Aircraft", a service of High Performance Aviation, LLC.
- Nemu (Sarah Powers, WG'23): Nemu is developing an application to help estate representatives manage personal property transfers efficiently, fairly, and transparently, while preserving emotional and financial capital.
- Paytus (Himza Jivani, WG'23): Paytus is a plug-and-play instant payments solution that credit unions can offer its members (retail and business) to enhance the members’ digital banking experience, including reducing transactional times and fees, lowering late payment fees, and expediting direct deposits time to provide faster access to earned income.
- Thrive Hair Bar (Ajia Maximillian Minnis, GED'22): Thrive Hair Bar is a natural hair brand that provides express hair styling services, hair care products, hair care guidance, and local events for Thrive Hair Bar members and non-members. Our mission is to empower more people to embrace their natural kinks, coils, and curls more often.
- Flock (Manvitha Mallela, WG'23; Malavika Reddy, WG'23): Gamifying Beauty, Personal Care, and Wellness
- Keye (Rohan Parikh, G'22, WG'22; Paolo Fornasini, G'23; Niha Gottiparthy, WG'23; Ruthwick Patthireddy, WG'23): Subscriptions, unlocked.
- Kfans (Louis Chung, C'24; Wenxuan Chen, C'22): Connect with U.S. based KPop and KDrama Fans!
- Life Skills For Soldiers (Brendan Duebner, WG'22): Educate. Empower. Excel.
- Lyvely (Bryan Cai, WG'22; Kevin Anthony, WG'22): Premium, High-Quality Cocktails For Every Occasion
- NuMarra(Connie Jao, WG'22): Holistic Symptom Management For Menopause
- Recuperet Health (Sanjeev Suratwala, WG'22; Gary Agora, WG'22): Integrating The Recovery Process with Community Support
- Career Propulsion: (Jeremy Gartner, WG’22) Helping Under-Appreciated Directors Get VP Level Interviews in 2 Months or Less.
- Clarifi: (Bryan Dinner, L’22, WG’22; Elizabeth Chou, ENG’24) Clarifi is a distraction-free digital workspace with automated coaching tools where teens do digital homework more efficiently and independently.
- Hairtelligence: (Isoken Igbinedion, WG’21; Simone Kendle, WG’21) The first-ever computer vision powered custom hair products.
- Proyecto Verde: (Gabriela Ariana Campoverde, GEN’22, WG’22) Funding small businesses with a unique approach.
- roura: (Vlasta Schutzenhofer, ENG’20; Abi Szabo, ENG’20) A better way to soothe period pain.
- Shinkei Systems: (Saif Khawaja, W’21, G’23) Shinkei Systems builds robotics that minimizes fish waste and multiplies shelf-life.
- Slate: (Zachary Johnson, WG’22) Simplified, habitual skincare for men.
- Breed Science: (Trey Steidle, WG’21) D2C meal plan subscription tailored by your vet, for your pet.
- coBlossom: (David Klippel, WG’22; Luke Fraker, WG’22) Relationshipwellness app that uses fun mini-games to help couples build the habit of creating quality time for their relationship each day.
- Levo: (Jason Yu, WG’22) Levo is the first solution to focus on the caregiver.
- Lex Analytics: (Michelle Xiong, W’22; Pranav Pillai, ENG’20, GEN’20, W’20) Dataplatform that helps teachers measure and understand student attendance and participation to improve engagement and equity in online classes.
- MedVision: (Raghu Arghal, GR’26) Real-time healthcare inventory management, made simple.
- OnHouse: (Yoojin Jang, WG’21) Marketplace and platform for property managers. Finally, property management is easy.
- Tiffin: (Sagar Chopra, G’22, WG’22) Cloud-based software platform built specifically for independent chefs to help them start, manage, and grow their businesses.
- Altrui RX: (Sourish Jasti, W’24; Justin Zhang, ENG’24; Joe Kakkis, C’21) Giving medication a second life.
- ArtsWrk: (Nick Silvero, W’18; Ramita Ravi, C’17, W’17): A professional network for artists and creatives.
- Calicosol: (Douglas Williams, WG’22) Conveniently Sustainable
- Card Curator: (John Garner, WG’22) Credit Cards at your service.
- Everdura: (Liz Nunez, C’17, W’17) Bring your roots home.
- Felix: (Manuel Godoy, WG’21; Bernardo Garcia, G’21, WG’21) Empowering Latinos in the US to send money abroad.
- Nouri: (Irene Liu, WG’22) Eastern food therapy meets Western nutrition meal program for expecting moms.
- VRB Labs: (Chase Hobby, WG’20; Evan Seale, WG’20) Optimal living
- Candr: (Anna Li, WG’20) Build honest relationships with Candr.
- Consolidata: (Craig Thompson, WG’21; GEN’22, Austin Kipp, WG’21) Create, analyze, and share financial forecasts easily and collaboratively.
- CoverForce: (Cyrus Karai, WG’21) The ultimate online shopfront for insurance agents.
- Lumify Care: (Anthony Scarpone-Lambert, N’21; Louisa Qiu, N’23, W’23; Joshua Baek, C’23; Gerardo Ballestros, W’23) Illuminating Healthcare.
- TallGrass Tailor: (Garrison Haning, WG’21) We deliver the fit that everybody deserves.
- Recovery Box: (Andrew Hotsko, WG’21) Recovery made easy.
- Underdogstuff: (Gregory Nesmith, W’20) Culture X Capital
- Ascend: (Montgomery Ngan, C’20, W’20) The Easiest Way to Find Residential Rental Pricing
- OPEN Laboratories: (Tim Marsh, W’21) OPEN Labs in an environmental allergy prescribing platform designed to expand access to top-quality, personalized care.
- SHOWCASE: (Dana Kim, WG’20; Ethan Kellough, GEN’21) SHOWCASE helps brands build better products through at-home product discovery boxes and high-quality, thoughtful feedback.
- Fulton: (Libie Motchan, WG’21; Daniel Nelson, WG’21) Fulton is modernizing arch support by developing an orthopedic insole.
- Aureum: (Yunhan (Derek) Gao, WG’20; Xufei (Renee) Yu , WG’20) Aureum provides family-style primary care services to Chinese white-collar professionals.
- ChefMark: (Austin Simon, WG’20) The marketplace for quality used restaurant equipment.
- FLOAT/THERE: (Angela Jiang, WG’20; Linda Ye, WG’20) is determined to help travelers look and feel their best while they explore.
- Hello Ralphie: (Felicity Johnson, WG’20) Connects pet parents with licensed veterinarians for video and chat appointments.
- MyQs: (Sehgal Dhawal, GEN’08) MyQs is a platform for professionals to develop and grow their skillset through practice exams.
- True Places: (Ben Knepler, WG’10; Nelson Warley) – Direct to consumer brand providing outdoor products for everyday adventures
- Alphagora: (Robert Dowling, EE’21, ENG’21, W’21) Subscription Based Cryptocurrency Trading
- Etcetera Bio: (Vikram Krishnamoorthy, C’20, W’20) Using Next-Generation Biological Engineering to Solve This Generation’s Hard Problems
- Fuego: (Kevin Weschler, WG’20) Stylish Sneakers For Dancing The Night Away
- Kidas: (Ron Kerbs, G’20, WG’20; Lynn (Qing) Marks, WG’20) Guarding Kids Against Cyberbulling
- Mira Insight: (Aswin Mannepalli, C’09, G’18) PR Insights In Your Back Pocket
- Brunchface: (Peter Chung, GFA’16) Be the Mayor of Your City’s Brunch-Scene
- Jove: (Joshua Evans, C’14) House Hunt in Minutes
- Air23: (Sieva Kozinsky, WG’20; Vishnu Rachakonda, ENG’18, GEN’19) Helping Pharma Companies Recruit For Clinical Trials
- Avior Analytics: (Ryan Wosick, ENG’19; Joseph Scheidt) Improving Patient Engagement in Physical Therapy
- BioAlert Technologies: (Marc Rosenberg, C’18, GEN’19; Soleil Carrero, GEN’19) The First Continuous Infection Monitoring System
- ConnectED Mobile: (Andie Kaplan, WG’20) Cell phone service made easy
- Frutero Ice Cream: (Mike Weber, WG’20; Vedant Saboo, WG’20) Sweet Treats Straight From The Tropics
- Elix: (Lulu Ge, WG’20) Personalized Plant-Based Healing Formulas
- Cobare: (Jelece Morris, WG’19) Sustainable Solutions For Feminine Care
- Keaton: (Melina Flabiano, WG’19) Carefully Crafted Office Workwear For Women
- Polyview: (Amreeta Gill, WG’19; Tyler MacBroom, WG’18) Enhancing Operational Productivity with Management Software
- Synovium: (Elston He, L’20, WG’20; Rajiv Patel-O’Connor, C’19; Evan Zou, C’19, W’19) Leveraging Data For Treating Autoimmune Diseases
- Clove: (Joe Ammon, WG’19) Revolutionizing Traditional Footwear for Medical Professionals
- Strella: (Katherine Sizov, C’19) Decision-focused data designed for food supply chains.
- MDAlly: (Shanel Fields, WG’19) Telehealth response for emergency medical services.
- Phrase Health: (Mike Zeidlhack, WG’19) Decision Support for Healthcare Organizations
- Sigo: (Nestor Solari, G’19, WG’19; Julio Erdos, C10, ENG10, G19, WG19) Easy Car Insurance for Everyone
- aavrani: (Justin Silver, WG’19; Rooshy Roychoudhury, WG’19) Luxury Skincare Inspired by Indian Beauty Rituals
- Collecto: (Federika Longinotti-Buitoni, WG’18) An Unparalleled Gifting Experience
- InstaHub: (Michael Wong, W’18; Dayo Adewole, ENG15, GEN15, GR21; Matthew Hanna ENG’18) Automating Energy Savings
- Steignet: (A.J. Steigman, WG’18) A Tactical “Bloomberg Terminal” for the Residential Real Estate Market
- ZEV: (Gabriel Elsner, WG’18; Eddie Kong, GEN’18) Helping Dealers Sell Electric Vehicles
- Acention: (Colin Robinson, WG’18; Anvith Ekkati, GEN’18; Peter Zhu, WG’18) Developing a New Model for Mobile Gaming—Play Games, Win Money
- Group K Diagnostic: (Brianna Wronko, ENG’17) Changing the How, When & Where of Blood Testing—and Saving Lives
- Sanguis: (Divyansh Agarwal, GR’23/M’23; Prateek Agarwal, M’19; Daniel Zhang, GR’23/M’23) A Medical Device Dream Team
- Avisi: (Rui Jing Jiang, W’18; Adarsh Battu, W’18; Brandon Kao, ENG’18) How Avisi is Curing Blindness with Nanotechnology
- Woveon: (Adam Rawot, ENG’17) Using AI to Create a Better Conversation with Your Customer
- brEDcrumb: (Scott Elfenbein, WG’17) Getting Low Income Kids to Great Colleges
- E-Health Now: (Kelly Xu, WG’17; Vinayak Kumar, C13, G13, M18, WG18; Ram Prasadat) Bringing Hope to Chinese Cancer Patients
- Eager Academy: (Chris Hanson, C’17) Teaching Students How To Learn
- Fellow Hunter: (Parker Barnett, GEN’18A) A Sharing Economy for Hunters
- Neuroflow: (Chris Molaro, WG’17; Adam Pardes, GR’19) Curing PTSD with Wearables
- Geneoscopy: (Andrew Barnell, WG’17) Geneoscopy is committed to providing safe, effective, and innovative non-invasive tests to improve the diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Harper Wilde: (Jane Fisher, WG’17; Jenna Kerner, WG’17) Fairly priced everyday bras without the hassle.
- Students Care: (Erica Sokol, SPP’16) StudentsCare is a nonprofit organization that connects undergraduate healthcare students with hospitalized children, isolated seniors and their families to provide fun, friendship and support.
- Watotoly: (Divinity Matovu, WG’17) Watotolly is a consumer technology company that aims to reduce the cost and complexity of childcare for families.
- Advans Health: (Antonio Munoz, WG’17, G’17) An insurance web platform to help students purchase the best and most affordable health insurance with a more educated decision.
- Slice Capital: (Rohan Shah, ENG’19) Web equity crowdfunding platform
- Barn Owl: (Josh Phifer, WG’17; Vince Kuchar, WG’17) Ranch management data solutions via networks of sensors.
- SolutionLoft: (Will Fry, W’17, C’17; Jacob Wallenberg, W’16) The printing press of software development, allowing code to be re-used.
- Twine: (Joseph Quan, WG’17; Nikhil Srivastava, WG’17) Twine helps intelligently guide all the people & HR decisions companies make.
- Jubilee: (Emily Tung, WG’17; G’17; Yue Li, WG’17, G’17) Women’s health supplements company based on Chinese herbal medicine.
VIP-X in San Francisco is an accelerator open to Penn alumni and student entrepreneurs in the Bay Area who are founders or leaders of early-stage ventures. This four-month program runs twice per year, in the fall and in the spring. The company must have traction, and the team must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area during their time in the program.
Get The Inside Track